czwartek, 18 kwietnia 2013

Getting started

Ok, here I am. This is my first post. Seriously, I have never blogged before. I'm not sure if this is going to work but I decided to give it a try anyway. This is my first post so I'll try to tell you what's the general idea of this blog.

I've been writing about cycling, covering races in my mother tongue - Polish. For the last 12 months I've been contributing to Rowery.org - the oldest cycling website in Poland (founded in 1997). The project is totally non-profit (since its begining), nevertheless we spend a lot of time working on it and providing Polish cycling fans with the latest and (I hope) most accurate information from the world of cycling.

I have always enjoyed writing and learning foreign languages. So that was kind of the begining. Some time ago I joined Twitter community and found it amazing - being able to exchange latest news and opinions with so many amazing and interesting people from around the globe.

So, the idea of the blog is to post short (or long) pieces on current events within the "world of two wheels". Truth to tell, I just want to practise writing in English - you never know - perhaps in the future this experience proves useful.

As I said, I don't know if it's going to work. I'd like to post stories or opinions regularly but I realize that it won't be always possible - there are many things I work on and my schedule is usually a real mess.

Finally, what will you find here? Latest news from Polish riders - yes. It doesn't take long to write something about their plans or quote them in 140 characters, so I presume it won't be that hard in a few sentences here. Race previews? Descriptions of the events' routes? Perhaps, time will tell.

And yes, if I write something, I'll tweet it.





Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz